Women’s Study Centre
Women’s Studies Centre of Govt. D. B. Girls P. G. Autonomous College ,Raipur was established on 1ST April 2016. The Centre has been approved under the XI plan of the University Grants Commission. The Centre aims to work for the oppressed women and girl children who face challenges in their daily life in our society. The women have always been the cornerstones to any success and it is with this conviction that the Centre functions with special focus on areas such as teaching and training, research, filed action, advocacy, documentation, networking and coordination with governmental and voluntary organizations.. WSC also initiate in reaching out to the society by seeking to raise their awareness about the rights of women and by mobilizing them to participate in the defense and struggle for equality and women’s rights. WSC coordinates with human rights institutions, non-governmental organizations and women’s coalitions at the local, regional and international levels that share our vision.
WSC gain inspiration from the achievements of the women’s movement locally and globally. Thus, we work for the realization of the all Forms of Discrimination against Women, and the Convention on Rights of Child.
To empower women in India to live with dignity so that they can contribute as valued partner in sustainable development of the self ,family and society and the nation.
- Focus on sensitization of population ,particularly in the naxal affected areas.
- Focus on local gender issues.
- Documentation of literature on tribal women and enhancement of their ancestral skill.
- Fostering a broad awareness within Indian society of traditional images associated with women and the negative impact of these on the development process. Promote the role of women and that ensure their equal participation at all levels of society.
- Collecting and documenting research studies conducted on women to serve as a resource from which to learn and devise strategies.
- Promoting the creative potential of women and investing in opportunities for them to flourish.
- Encouraging young generation of leaders (women and men) who are aware of the social concepts related to gender and who are willing to form supporting institutions for the women’s movement.
- Preparing , producing, documenting and publishing audio and video media materials on women’s issues and gender, and making these materials available.
- Monitoring and responding critically to media materials published in various forms, in order to promote positive images of women and promote the principle of equality between the sexes.
- Networking between women’s movements and various institutions that share WSC’s vision, in order to exchange experiences, promote achievements and devise strategies to achieve common aims.
Some of the activities of women’s study centre
- On 23rd of march 2018 WSC organized workshop on Women entrepreneurship - progress ,new opportunity ,social psychological challenges and other gender based facts.
- On 21st September 2019 WSC organized one day Program on Women Empowerment and The chief guest and speaker of the occasion was Mrs. Sharda Verma IAS ,COMMISSIONER Higher education.
- On 6th November 2019 WSC organized felicitation Program of Dr.Aruna Palta Hon. Vice Chancellor Hemchand Yadav University. Dr Palta is the alumni of the college and great inspiration for the students .Also she delivered motivational lecture for the student to inspire the young future of the society.
- On 25th February WSC Along with SHAKTI (NGO) organized awareness Program on prevention and protection of COVID 19.And it was done at the very early stage of spread of Covid. The speaker was Dr. Girish Agrawal Consultant(MBBS,DNB Respiratory Disease,IDCC)On 28th February WSC organized motivational lecture on “Girl Child Abuse and rights of child protection” by the chairperson of Chhattisgarh State Commission for Protection of Child Rights. Mrs. Prabha Dubey was the guest of honor and Speaker.
- On 1st of august 2020 during the period of Covid 19 pandemic WSC organized International webinar for the society and education professionals .The topic of the International Webinar was HEALTH AND WELLNESS STRATEGIES DURING COVID 19 AND BEYOND .The Speakers was from Norway , Germany ,UK .More than 800 delegates participated from Philippines , Australia, Dubai and India.
- On 8th March on the occasion of International Women’s Day WSC arranged online Slogan AND poster competition for the students .The theme for slogan was Girl child Education and for poster competition the theme was Women Empowerment.